I wish I had apple juice, red hots, shortening, and eggs RIGHT NOW!! Then I could do what my friend Alicia proposed (3ish years ago). Since I am unable to do this RIGHT NOW I will share with you what YOU should do RIGHT NOW!!
Pour apple juice into your crock pot. Throw in a good quantity of red hots, turn the heat setting to low and enjoy the aroma of fall. Later on, after you've baked a solid amount of The Best Cookies in the world!!, stir the apple juice/red hot mixture, and then ladle yourself a mug full of it.
Brer Rabbit Molasses Cookies
2 1/4 c. shortening
3 c. sugar
3/4 c. molasses
3 eggs
2 Tbs. baking soda
6 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. cloves
1 1/2 tsp. ginger
1 Tbs. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Melt shortening in 3 or 4 quart saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, let cool. Add sugar, molasses and egg beat well. Sift together flour and spices, add to first mixture. Mix well. Chill. Form into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Bake on un-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes (do not over bake).
Invite me, please.
7 years ago
2 comments:
I HAVE to try those cookies. Oh sweet molasses - I can't wait! I read this post on my phone through Google reader and I've been dying to log on my computer and send my little sister a link to this recipe. Can I? This looks like something we'd make and eat together. Thanks so much for sharing!
DO IT Alicia!! :) There's yummy like gingersnaps but soft!! LOVE EM!! They seriously are my favorite cookie ever!
This recipe is actually 3x's the regular recipe. I just think if I'm going to make em I'd better do it right! lol One trick I do sometimes is roll em into balls, put them in a ziplock bag w/ sugar enough to cover em and freeze em. Then you can always just pull out a few to bake and have glorious warm cookies! ALWAYS!! =)
Post a Comment