Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween?

I must say I really hate Halloween. Always have and always will. It's like a holiday for Satan. It's just EVIL. People dressing up like evil witches, ghosts, demons, vampires, etc. It's such an icky holiday. But even so it gives me an excuse to make my aunt Becky's jack-o-lantern dinner and my aunt Pennie's pumpkin roll (this year I have Mitzi's recipe too so I'm making 2 fabulous pumpkin rolls!). Mitzi doesn't even claim her recipe as her own but she's the one who gave it to me so she gets the credit. Thanks for the recipes ladies! I'm excited for dinner tomorrow :) It's the only thing that makes me excited to Halloween to come!

P.S. I know this post probably sounds different but trick-or-treaters ARE welcome to our place :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

your poor children....i love haloween, you dont have to dress up like a demon, and they have safe fun activites now like the trunch R treats. YOu should def have a change of heart. ITs so FUN!!

the haynie's said...

You know I love it! I hope the food makes up for all the trick or treaters :D

Rhonda said...

Jamie!!! Whatever will I do with you!?

You must find different things to love...the cute babies dressed up as cows, the toddler princesses, the pumpkins and who doesn't love free candy? c'mon now...there has to be SOMETHING you like about it? Probably by next year Emma will be into halloween books and activities, you'll love it then when her eyes light up with excitement. I'm sure of it..

get back to me next year and lemme know If I was right. lol

Rhonda said...

p.s. So you probably wouldn't want an invite to some haunted houses? ;)

Anonymous said...

booooo! my jaw sorta dropped when i read the word "hate". so sorry. i love halloween! always have, always will :)
i still hope you guys will drop by tonight!

Rhonda said...

so did you survive the evilness Jamie? How was the dinner? Care to share the recipe?

Man, this word verification thing you have on here is getting complicated and LONG. I feel like I'm taking a test.

If this appears in your comments then I guess I passed!

Cami said...

Jamie I so don't like Halloween either. Yeah!! I don't do Halloween at all. My kids could really care less. We just shut off our porch light and watched movies. Daley did go T.T. only because she had a sleepover at her cousins house and they were going. It is all good. Halloween isn't for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!! Haha!!