Friday, November 7, 2008

I wish I had a maid!

It gets so hard to balance being a mom, wife, and housekeeper. I wish I had a maid. She's wash the dishes, clean and vaccum my living room, make and clean up lunch, wash, fold and put away my laundry. She would sweep and mop my kitchen floor, take out the trash, clean my bathrooms. And at the end of the day she would make dinner and leave before Jason got home. Life would be great! I would be the BEST mom and wife EVER! I'd get the girls dressed and then just play with them all day. We'd go to the park, play games, dolls, dress up, whatever! We'd sit and read books for hours. I could even get a nap with them everyday (how sweet would that be?) AND I'd get all the credit for all the work cause Jason wouldn't know about it! All he would see is everyone happy, the house spotless, and dinner on the table :)But I know I'd feel guilty having someone else do my work for me all the time. I couldn't just watch someone clean my house. Sometimes Maria comes and will help me straighten my place up. She'll clean up the living room/clear off counters while I do dishes (she's so great!). But that's the thing I couldn't just let her clean my place or anyone else. I'd feel guilty either because I know it's my mess (made by the kids, me, or Jas-it's mine) or because I'd be paying this someone quite a bundle. So the real wish here isn't that I had a MAID. What I really want for Christmas is-

TWO OF ME!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep! I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

i love this poem! when they grow up it wont matter if your house was clean. they'll remember the memories :)