***Ok I got this from my friends blog and since this is my journal I need to document some info about my pregnancy with Emma before I forget it all!***
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Umm... No
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yep, for just over a year.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? EXCITED, scared, and a little nervous!
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? turned 22 just a month after I found out I was preggo
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Started feeling achy/sore like I had been working out for 3 or 4 days. My legs mostly. Then I realized I SHOULD'VE started my period the week before...
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Jason.
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? YES!! Although I felt very strongly the whole time that she was a girl.
8. DUE DATE? October 18th 2006- my bro, Joel's, b-day :)
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I can't complain AT ALL, not much nausea, but I did throw up once, and that was only when I was brushing my teeth and had a hyperactive gag reflex.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Tomatoes. Not really raw (cept small grape tomatoes) but like pizza for the sauce... It's the same when it's time for 'Grace' (inside joke...) to come for her monthly visit
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? The HEAT! Getting in the car during the summer was horrid!
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girl, just like I knew she would be!
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Nope! We were SO excited to have a girl! Jason said he wants girls cause they're so sweet :)
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN? Oh man for my first I gained like 50(+) yikes
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? YES, I had 2. One in St. David by my mom and sisters; one Mesa by my friend Kristi
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about them.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Nope.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Mesa, AZ
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I'm not sure... we went in to be induced at 5pm she was born 4am but I'm not sure when the full on labor started. We went in cause I was spotting and I had been walking the mall since 10am with my mom and Jason. I was scheduled to be induced that morning but they called and cancelled :( But when we went in at 5, while I was waiting in the triage, labor and delivery called my cell phone for me to come in to be induced
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My mom, I think, we were in her van.
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? My hubby Jason, my mom, Dr., a medical student assisting him, and like 5 nurses... it was a party.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? nope none
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 6 oz... BIG girl! My first thought was 'seriously? How did THAT just came out of ME?!'
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? October 26, 2006
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD? Emma Lee
27. HOW DID THE FATHER REACT TO THE NEW BABY? A picture is worth a thousand words

28. DID YOU EXPERIENCE ANY POST-PARTUM DEPRESSION OR BABY BLUES? I didn't know I did/had until my second child. I believe it was the same with Emma but it was harder to recognize being down and depressed with her because it was just the two of us. It didn't matter when (or if) we got up and dressed etc...
29. BREAST OR BOTTLE?
Breast. I totally and completely dried up when she was 6 months old. One day she was just crazy fussy and was nursing all day. I finally tried giving her a bottle and she was happy. For about a week I was just able to nurse her at night :(
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST-BORN TODAY? 2 1/2

Her 2 year birthday party
All you mothers should do this too :)
2 comments:
Hey J-me! I love birth stories! Sounds like things went good! Emmma's birth weight was the same as Katelyn's! And i thought the exact same thing...."can't believe THAT came out of ME"!!! funny
I love that post! It'd be hard for me to remember everything but maybe I'll do it too....soon. Maybe. lol
Post a Comment