Monday, September 21, 2009

Grandma

It's a special name. I love grandma's, especially mine by blood or marriage. They are all so kind, loving, generous, and caring. My daughters are blessed have 5 grandma's; Grandma Kartchner, Grandma Spencer, Great-Grandma Post, Great-Grandma Butler, Great-Grandma Spencer. All of which are great women! Wonderful Grandma's! Ladies I would want Emma and Alli to grow up to be like. So I tell you it really really bothers me that the lady who rides the bus with the kids insists on the kids calling her 'grandma'! I don't know her and won't it just confuse Emma that ANYBODY can be 'grandma'? I remember when I was in school there was a lady, who worked in the cafeteria, who the kids would call grandma. I didn't care if other people did that but I never did cause she didn't feel like a grandma to me. I love my grandma's! There's something very special about grandparents. That's all I wanted to say today.

One example of an awesome grandma was MY Grandma Kartchner! The last time I saw her was just a couple days before she passed away. I was leaving for the Halloween carnival, it was my senior year. I was dressed as a clown to help my aunt at her booth. Ever since I could remember we would ALWAYS to go grandma's house to show off our costumes (the only thing I ever liked about Halloween) As I was leaving she made another wise crack about my clown makeup so I said "oh c'mon grandma, you know it's cute!" Her reply? "Cute spelled C-R-A-Z-Y!" I love her. I love all MY grandma's! :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

Oh what a cute story about Grandma Kartchner. I was showing Patti pictures of her the other day and I really love and miss her.

I agree with you on the bus grandma thing. Did you inform her that Emma does not need to call her that? I think that would bother me too. A 'grandma' is someone you love and trust, not a stranger.