So we had a busy, crazy day yesterday which resulted in Emma not taking a nap. No biggie right? I figured I'd just put her to bed really early and then she'd wake up early- it would all work out great since we have horrid sleeping habits right now. We stay up really late and then sleep in really late; I do mostly because late at night is when I get my energy and can get all my work done. I let her stay up too just so I don't have to get up early with her after being up all night. :) But I figure with a baby coming so soon we should probably have a better schedule.
Anyways back to Emma not taking a nap... I put her to bed at 7:30 and she was out within 30 seconds of laying down. But of course it can't be THAT easy! She was up at 9:30! She did have a nap after all just a lot later than she should have! If I had been in bed she would have just come in and slept with me and my wonderful plan would've worked! Self-sabotage is what I'd call it. So we were both up til who knows how long after midnight (Good ol' Jason started school again so with him getting up at 5:30 he was excused from staying up so late:) But even though this sounds like I'm complaining I'm really not because it all turned out great :) Can it GET any better than COOKIES & MILK, STRING CHEESE, and 'I LOVE LUCY' with such a cute little 22 month old. We just couldn't help ourselves :) Once we realized neither of us were ready to go to bed it was just PARTY TIME!
7 years ago
2 comments:
Ok, seriously you are the coolest mom ever! I would never do that with my boys. I won't tell them that Emma has a cool mom though, they might want to move in with you!
Oh, and thanks for being my entertainer the other night, especially on such short notice! It was fun! I did get your text, the next day when Rob said, "ummm, Jamie texted you last night." If I lived up there I'd watch Emma anytime. She is a cutey!
Hey girl I just found your blog, looks like a fun girls night in. I know every time my kids would miss a nap and I would think that's ok I will put them to bed early it never seemed to work out for me!! At least you had fun hanging out together!
Post a Comment