Hi.
I watched this "tea party" video. It was pretty good...but you know...its strange...I sometimes find myself feeling sort of "anti-patriotic" with some of these things. Here's why I think I feel that way:
The Lord has blessed our country for so long that I think many people are starting to take for granted the benefits and blessings we enjoy. They forget where those blessings came from. I think many are believing in an invincible America. But America is NOT invincible. America could fall as easily as any other country as soon as the Lord allows it to be so. I think things like 9/11 should "stir us up to remembrance" but instead many people just get angry and boast that no one should "underestimate the will of the American people." I don't believe in the will of the American people unless it is the same as the Lord's will. How can they protest prayers in schools and political meetings and throw out the ten commandments, etc. and expect to triumph over their enemies? There is no strength in America or the will of the American people. The true Source of strength and prosperity is our Father in Heaven. But as His will decreases in popularity so does our strength as a nation. I hope we're not in for a rude awakening. I hope it doesn't take a disaster like global warfare to bring us back to the realization that we are nothing without Him.
I know its good to be patriotic and support one's own country and I do. But I find myself at times feeling as the young prophet Mormon did when he led the Nephites to war but he had little hope of victory because his people had rejected their God. There were victories for those Nephites and they boasted in their strength and swore they would destroy the Lamanites. But it didn't last long. They were wiped out. I think Mormon loved his people and he fought for them. But he had little hope for them. Sometimes I feel that way about our country. I love America because the Lord has given it to us. We enjoy so much. But I have little hope for the future if people continue to deny the God that gave them their liberty.
Jas
7 years ago
1 comment:
Beautifully said! I don't think that's anti-patriotic at all!
Our Country was founded under the notion (belief, TRUTH) that we are united under GOD. If the people keep moving away from that we will be doomed.
Ya know, I had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine. A fellow preemie parent, but he's a New Yorker so you can probably guess what party he belongs to. Anyway, we were discussing the "green" movement and I was educating him that the light bulbs that may become MANDATORY for us to use (talk about loss of freedom, we won't even be able to choose our own LIGHTBULBS!!) had such a high level of mercury that if you broke it, the cost of cleanup and hazard safety crews would be phenomenal. Do you know what his argument was? He said, "Heaven forbid there have to be some personal responsibility and people might have to be careful!"
What makes it so ridiculous (aside from the obvious ridiculousness?)He and his wife have already aborted a child. Personal responsibility is only important when it comes to "green" lightbulbs but not human life? HOW BACKWARDS IS THAT?!?
I think the good people of this Country have been silent too long. It's time to make our voices heard! If we remain quiet we will allll suffer the consequences of the select few that have demanded their "agenda's" be passed. And honestly, even politicians of my own party have let me down so it's not about party. It's about what's right.
Post a Comment